Legal Services

Dealing with legal matters can be challenging, but it’s refreshing to know that you are not on your own and have plenty of places to turn.

We work very closely with a select group of solicitors who can help you with your house purchase and sale. We have built long standing relationships with these solicitors to ensure that your case is handled as quickly and efficiently as possible and you receive a high quality service.

Are legal services essential?

Big life events come with a lot of responsibility and decision making, so having some legal services accessible will take some of that worry away. Gathering facts and knowledge will benefit you in the future and you will know the steps to take when faced with these kinds of experiences again.

What is considered a legal service?

At Key Mortgages, our legal services are centred around solicitors and their involvement in your move to a new property. A solicitor may be used to offer legal advice and law related practices in your case.

Who can provide legal services?

In order to carry out legal advice and services, the provider must be authorised and regulated under the LSA (legal services act). Reserved legal activities can be carried out by the following:

  • Solicitors
  • Legal executives
  • Patent attorneys
  • Barristers
  • Other individuals with legal involvement in property

Questions & Answers

Who is eligible for legal advice?

Some legal advice is available for free such as citizens advice. Other services can come at a higher price if a solicitor is involved, so this could be a drawback for some who will not be eligible.

What is legal aid?

If you are in a position where you cannot afford legal advice, you might be apply for legal aid. A solicitor will review your position and apply for you so you can receive funding. The three types of legal aid scheme are civil legal aid, advice and assistance and criminal legal aid.

Do I need to have a serious issue to receive legal advice?

No, you don’t need to have a current legal issue to receive legal advice. You can enter an agreement and pay a monthly fee to have legal advice at hand when you need it.

We are not authorised to provide advice for these products. This will be passed to a suitably qualified and authorised specialist.